Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart NO Worries, Just Annoying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita View Post
I've been trying to catch up on all the posts I haven't gotten to read lately, and I see the questions for people with RSD 5 yrs or more. Allen, I saw you said something about meds making it difficult to pee. I've been concerned about Reed lately because it takes him forever to pee, and I was wondering if it could be meds, or maybe something more serious like prostate.
Also,I saw some remarks about muscle spasms in that same thread. Reed has always had this thing where when he was just about to fall asleep, he would flinch..sometimes hard enough to nearly flip me off the bed. But, since his injury, and RSD, his spasms are getting terrible. He always has them in his RSD leg, but now he's getting them all over.. almost a constant jerking over his entire body one part at a time..and only when hes sleeping or nearly asleep. It's honestly keeping him from resting, because it starts just as he's nodding off.
Could these things be from meds, or rsd, or what? He needs to talk to his PM about it, but things have been happening so fast with his SCS we really haven't had a chance.
Any input is appreciated as always and hope everyone is well!
Hey,

My name is Heather. I am 28 and I have full body, systemic RSD that started from a broken rt. foot and spread because of a SCS Trial.

I, too, had a hard time peeing at the beginning year of my disease due to the adjustment of all my medications. I started on Topamax, Fentanyl Patch, Roxicodone, Klonopin, Ultram, and Prozac. It was the narcotics that relaxed the bladder so much that I needed to sit there forever and run the water and strain myself. Sometimes I would sit there for 30 min...It was so frustrating.

As far as the spasms and jerks go, I have them throughout my entire body. My PM prescribed Baclofen 10mg - 2 @ bedtime. It helps me and my husband sleep. Otherwise the entire bed would be shaking and I would be kicking or punching him...

I hope this helps a little bit...This is just my story!!

Hope he feels better hun,
Heather

"We Will Conquer This Demon They Refer to As, RSD!"

nopainever is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote