View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I thought of one - I made up (while at a friend's house, and since she can't stand bell pepper)...

Stuffed Tomato

Shove it! Not really; I just couldn't resist

The recipe is actually:

4 fresh Roman tomatoes (or however many tomatoes needed for people gonna be eatin' them).

Cut each tomato in half and clean out the center stuff (y'know, all that stuff inside tomatoes)

Make like a meatloaf stuffing; I add grated cheese along with the diced tomato stuff - minus the white stem part - and make meat ball shapes.

Fill the "shelled" tomatoes with the meatloaf-like stuffing.

Place the stuffed tomatoes in Muffin Tins (using paper muffin or cupcake things works too and makes for easier clean-up).

Bake the 'matoes at 375 degrees for 5-10 mins. and baste, then lower the baking temp. to 350 for approx. 10 mins. and baste;

Garnish the 'matoes with grated cheese (I use mixed - American and Cheddar). Reduce the baking temp. to 325 and cook until desired done-ness. (The 'matoes shouldn't fall apart.)

Serve over rice with a sauce such as Alfredo. Best served hot. Really hot. But not too hot .

Last edited by Bobbi; 09-08-2006 at 08:27 PM. Reason: ... added a couple things I accidentally left out
Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barbo (06-06-2009)