View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default This may be completely off the wall and please don't take offense.

So I was talking to a very near and dear friend (who is moving back to PA this week and it totally breaks my heart). This friend is about the same age as my mom, grew up in the 70s. And you've probably guessed where I am going with this one. He had invited me out for drinks, but considering the spinal tap tomorrow, I didn't think alcohol was a good idea. And we started going over the list of things I am not allowed to do until the swelling in the spinal cord goes down. And he looks at me with the most serious face and says "Can you smoke pot?" Which made me giggle because I have not even considered this since high school. Although I did write quite a few papers on medicinal herbs (and marijuana was always listed) back in college.

So out of curiosity I began researching this evening and was amazed at the number that popped up when I googled "medical marijuana treatment in multiple sclerosis" . I have been bombarded with information, and I am not going through it all tonight; I am just wondering about the possibility. I know this is something that would never fly in Virginia, or for the majority of the US but now my interest is peaked. I will look into it further later.

It's just a thought.
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote