View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 07:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Has your doctor tested your B12 levels? My neuropathy appeared first as carpal tunnel over 10 yrs ago. A year or so later, my toes would go numb. I asked my doctor about my feet and his response was, "It's connected to your carpal tunnel, it's all the same nerve." End of story with him. As it progressed, my toes would be numb, my feet would burn. Five years ago, I had a job where I was on my feet, on a cement floor all day...we didn't even get to sit down for lunch, and my feet were in horrible shape. Then I moved here, and have a job where I am up and down all day. I have good medical insurance, and 4 yrs ago, I started taking B12 daily. I started at 1000mcg daily, yet was taking cynacobalamin, which was the wrong B12, then I switched to 3000 mcg methylcobalamin B12 daily. After 3 1/2 yrs, I can sew by hand again, without my fingers getting too numb, rarely have burning in my feet, my toes do not go numb.

I still have neuropathy, and always will. Yet, I have slowed the progression, and maybe reversed some of the damage. I have cellphone vibrations in my feet, sometimes little electrical shocks in my legs, cold spots, bugs crawling...which I can deal with. Best of all, no meds for now.

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!
darlindeb25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote