View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Angry Big Three Bailout

GMA had a segment this morning about the Big Three (GM, Ford and Chrysler) and their request for a government bailout to the tune of $25 billion.

Let them file bankruptcy. It wouldn't be the end of GM (or any of the auto makers). They're blaming their problems on "an across the board decline in auto sales". GM is whining that they will run out of money before the end of this year. Me, too..... Let them file bankruptcy....many other companies have (United Airlines, Texaco, Georgia Pacific) and have emerged stronger.

Bankruptcy would let a judge supervise union contracts and benefits that have made it nearly impossible for them (Big 3) to compete against foreign car makers. Toyota, Honda, and other non-Big 3 auto manufacturers that employ over 100,000 Americans have shown that they can make a profit building cars in the U.S. The best way to keep U.S. auto workers employed in the future is to make it profitable to keep them working. If I can figure this out then it can't be too difficult to understand!! If you have the time google the "Job Bank" that GM has .....it's a big eye-opener and will get your blood boiling.

My late DH used to work for GM (his only job and he started there at age 18). The plant he worked in is no longer there. I think (no, I know) he would be totally disgusted at the way management has allowed things to become.

I will never, ever buy another car made by any of the Big Three companies again. Not only are Honda's and Toyota's more reliable....I honestly don't think we have to worry about them getting into the mess that the "Big Three" have ventured into.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gazelle (11-19-2008), SallyC (11-19-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (11-19-2008), Vonn07 (11-19-2008), weegot5kiz (11-19-2008)