View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member

MM loses "properties" only if you bake shreds of the leaves into your cookies or brownies, or what-have-you.

the heat degrades the tetrahydrocannabinoids, is what I've read.

if you follow the cannabutter instructions carefully, the "goodness" is leached into the butterfat molecules. and the leafy matter is squeezed through cheesecloth (and removed), which does several things.

first, the MM is preserved better, it doesn't go stale or dry out.

second, since the oil thoroughly melts *through* the baked goods, the distribution is more uniform, and not gathered in clumps of leafage (that's why medicinal dosing is more reliable),

third, there's no crunchy bits (or "off" taste) to deal with, the medicine is rendered almost invisible, and almost tasteless.

that's why you have to be so careful marking and storing your products (in the freezer, maybe marked GIBLETS or something unappealing?), as you wouldn't want a friend/neighbor/relative/child to accidentally go "YUM, these are GREAT!!" and proceed to eat half a dozen.

'cause then, they'd be swinging from the chandeliers, and dancing outside in the rain, singing nursery rhymes or something...

anyway, look over the Cannabutter recipe, and see how it's done... like I said, once the medicinal properties are subsumed into the butter (unsalted works best!), it may actually increase the medicinal value.

it seems like a lot of trouble, but it's not really, it's easy once you get the hang of it,

one recipe-batch of butter (a lb of cannabutter) makes 6 batches of brownies.

and one batch of brownies lasts me three weeks.

you can even "cheat" and use Betty Crocker's Fudge Brownie Mix, .

one small brownie at bedtime, and I sleep like an angel.