View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
All of a sudden, when I booted up my computer this morning, there is is message on my screen.

HP REMINDER

Your PC contains a program that creates a set of recovery discs. blah blah blah.

Then it asks me:

"do you want to create a set of recovery discs?

I am then prompted to choose: 1. Yes, 2. No. 3. DO NOT REMIND ME AGAIN.

I tried Xing out (at the top right of this window). It would not go away. I tried choosing one of the options. It would not go away. It also looks as it only part of the message is being showed. Like an incomplete message. but the minus, plus and x are up at the top of the message. It's a rectangle box right in the middle of my destop. I can move this box all around, but I can't seem to get it of of my screen.

And I did the control, alt delete thing. It brings up "HP updates....running."

I clicked on "end task". It did absolutely nothing.

We just ran an anti-virus and an anti-spyware program. It said Nothing was wrong.

I can move that box around and access all the icons on my desktop, my outlook express, etc. I can go on the internet.

I just want this stupid thing off of my screen. I tried re-booting my computer. It came back.

Help....Anyone???

lol

Melody
----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE.

here's what I just did. I went to Start, run. typed in MSCONFIG. Then I chose startup.

I de-selected several things, including HP UPDATES. I then clicked on okay, and restarted.

When it booted up, I got a message saying "you have chosen to run startup in diagnostic mode" ???????????? Please choose normal startup to undo any changes. then the Startup message thing appeared on the screen. I chose "normal startup" and hit okay.

It then told me I had to reboot my computer.

I did so.

THE PC REMINDER THING CAME BACK.

oh this is so annoying.

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote