View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

It is disgusting and I agree with all of you. Part of me certainly does not want to bail these guys out.

But the tickle down effect would overwhelm this country and certainly throw us deeper into a recession or depression.

It will start with the auto makers closing, significant layoffs at the automakers, then layoffs and closing at the parts manufacturers and then all those people spend less and it works its way to all the local businesses like supermarkets etc and then they have to cut costs and let people go.

And the closing of the parts plants would probably even hurt the foreign automakers in this country. I work at a place that handles business for a foreign automaker and because of the economy and the big three domestic guys they are getting pinched and already cutting abck by 1/3 which caused layoffs where I work.

However there should really be some come to jesus repercussions of running these businesses into the ground and being irresponsible.

And I totally agree on all the perks and severances. Failure should not be rewarded at all.

So as much as I do no wat the government ot bail these guys out I hope a solution is found so that it does not make the economy even worse.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (11-19-2008), Koala77 (11-19-2008), SallyC (11-19-2008)