View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Jules, I totally agree with you. I started to voice my opinion about the CEO's and other bloodsucker's but my post got to be so long I figured I'd just address the bail out issue! But I agree with you 100%.

I believe it's inevitable that they will get a gov't bail-out - how much I don't know....but the money needs to be handled by someone other than the executives that got them into this mess in the first place. If they do get the $$ then wipe the slate clean and start over. They've proven they can't run a company.

Did anyone see the surveillance of the CEO of Ford getting off a chartered jet? GMA had a story about it. He was confronted about it by a reporter and pretended he didn't hear the question! Diane Sawyer also asked one of the execs why he should continue to get his $21 million bonus when others are being laid off. It's just insane.

My late DH worked for GM all his life. First and only job he ever had. I don't think he'd be happy with the turn of events happening now. We always drove GM vehicles. Now, the only GM vehicle at our house is Kevin's truck....and when its paid for it will be traded for a Honda or a Toyota (if it's worth anything by then...). He got a great deal on it and with the employee discount it was too good to pass up. It's his truck so it's ultimately his decision but he's disgusted with the Big 3, too. I drive a Honda Accord. Matt drives a Ford and he desperately wants to get rid of it, too. You just can't sell anything right now....you take too big of a loss. But I will never again purchase a vehicle made by any of those three companies. I never thought the day would come where I'd ever say that.

Oh, and Vic......a white-collar prison? I don't think they even deserve that. I think a "tent-prison" would work just fine.....out in the hot desert!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
4boysmom (11-19-2008), ewizabeth (11-19-2008), Jules A (11-20-2008)