View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 12:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

How ya doin kiddo? As for the testing.... I've been reading the replies you have here and it seems like most are indicating at some point all the poking and prodding stops. Hmmm....

I'm seen at the local V.A.. I was diagnosed Jan 2 of 96 and they have yet to stop doing that. It's like some fetish or something. Some times the numb areas progress, but then most times they never change, and even if they do, so?

As for the MRI, I finally stepped in and took control of when they do those. They cost about $1500 a pop. That, for me, is payed by the taxpayer, you and I don't like wasting your hard earned money.

I figure the first one showed leisions confirming MS. Any new ones are going to show the same thing, so why do them every 6 months? I figure every couple of years is good enough, unless there is a major change or something like that.

Good call on the heated blankets, I forgot about those. I didn't know about the CD thing and shall bring one the next time I have to go in.

Bottom line on the tests.... They are now a part of your life, so might as well get used to them. MS is progressive as we all know. The docs are just trying to monitor the progression as best they can. Physical testing, and listening to what and how you say what you do, are the only ways they will know.

MSDave

WARNING: The Surgeon General has determined that living causes death. This finding will be stamped on all new-born baby bottoms from now on.
MSDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (11-20-2008)