Thread: PN & Gerd
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Aussie:

I do hope you are feeling a bit better. My husbands's family....well THEY ALL HAVE GERD!! But not Alan, isn't that amazing.

His sister lives on AXID, Gaviscon, takes ativan and trazadone.
But at least she eats somewhat like a normal person. But she drinks a cup of hot water with each meal. Have no idea why but she does this.

Now her husband, here's an interesting case for ya!!. He has had endos up the kazoo because of his stomach.

He only eats white stuff. He lives on Rice, spaghetti, and bread. I'm not kidding.

He'll turn 70 in December. He is about 5 foot 9 or 10 and weighs 122 and has weighed that all his life. He told me two weeks ago, that is what he weighed when he went into the army. The army got him up to 150.

I looked at him and said incredulously, "you once weighed 150 lbs, YOU??" He burst out laughing and said "yes, me, unbelievable isn't it".

I once asked him why he eats only white stuff and he explained he has gerd, his stomach can't take anything else. He can't eat fat of any kind and because he always had diarreah, he eats only carbs. And he still goes to the bathroom all the time. He also once mentioned he takes Bentyl. He takes pepsid, and also gaviscon right before he eats anything.

When he came to my house, he ate nothing I served. I had to boil plain spaghetti for him. He puts absolutely nothing on it. He never eats salt, sugar, anything spicy. NOTHING!!!

Oh, he does eat boiled vegetables once in a while. I once asked my sister-in law if he was anorexic and she said "oh,no, he eats a balanced diet". I almost said "but he only eats white things". but I kept my mouth shut.

Very interesting diet, this white diet. I never thought anybody could live on rice, bread and spaghetti and maybe a few boiled veggies sometimes.

Their two daughters both have Gerd and both use pepsid. They watch absolutely everything that goes in their mouth. Nothing fried either.

I guess some people have iron stomaches and some people eat white only.

mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote