View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 10:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default hello..

I have been looking at canes with a stool atached.. its like a tripod cane.. they had 2 seperate designs, I found them in a Rexal drugstore but you can also look at golf shops for them as well I think.

I sometimes use 2 canes (borrow my ma's) when it is realy bad, and when I walk for a bit and my legs just don't want to hold me up any longer I do have a little tripod stool to sit on.. but it is a pain to cary around.. I have thought of getting a walker but it is rough terain here in my little village (an I just dont want to ), the other choice for me is a 4 wheel scooter but I am not prepared to do that yeat either.. not quite yeat..

I use my cane properly on the opposite side now.. I too had what my physio called a spider gait because of using the wrong side... I walked just like the main character on the show "house" and I felt grumpy like him too.. lol.

Cane height is equal to the crease in my hip as I bend forward.. wirks for me and I cant use the handle shaped like a upside down " j ", the roundness realy makes my hand and arm alot more sore.. I go with the upside down L shape and a good solid base.. aluminum adjustable powdercoated multicolored pretty.. my party cane.. lol

Good luck with it all and do shop around, treat a cane like a new pair of shoes.. It'll be your support when it is needed.

Take care, an gentle hugs,
Sandra
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote