View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 10:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Gymjunkie,

Thanks for the information. It is true we all are different in our response to meds and rsd itself. I can't tell you how many Doctors I had see, until my last one of four years. I had never understood a lot of things I was going thru until he explained the limbic system, that rsd is an automic disorder, affecting circulation, the blood pressure, skin problems sleeping, memory etc. I thankful for understanding it better. I was diagnosed 4 years after the surgery and another 4 years before find this Dr. who had treated a lot in New York. He is a neurologist, psychiatrist, pharmacologist. and sees a naturpathic Dr. himself.
Thru slowly going thro different meds, I finally don't have the jolts. stabbing pains, dailey spasms, jerking legs and arms, and the wonderful electric jolts, going thru my body every night-lifting my right off the pillow. That was fun.

Anyway, thanks for your post, and I wouldn't want anyone to change any meds or do anything without their Drs. knowledge. But we also know a lot of Drs. treating rsd patients have limited knowledge, some just down right do not want us as patients, let alone bother to try and do research and learn more. Take care, Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote