View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

"Type A individuals can be described as impatient, excessively time-conscious, insecure about their status, highly competitive, hostile and aggressive, and incapable of relaxation. [1] They are often high achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about the smallest of delays. Because of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as "stress junkies."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_A_...onality_theory

"Type A personality generally refers to hard workers who are often preoccupied with schedules and the speed of their performance. Type B personalities may be more creative, imaginative, and philosophical. The test consists of 30 multiple-choice items. Scores range from 35 to 380. Type A is associated with a high score while Type B is associated with a low score."

http://www.psych.uncc.edu/pagoolka/TypeA-B-intro.html

I scored 184 out of 380 on the above test, which slots into a fairly low B score. Analytical, introverted personalities (which I am, intrinsically) are not usually classified as Type A. We are way too methodical in our approach to problems/solutions . . . even if we are hard working and bull-headed. That's probably the reason we clash with Type A's though ...

I have some Type A characteristics, for sure . . . but we probably all do.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (11-20-2008), Gazelle (11-20-2008), GladysD (11-20-2008)