View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mike,

Thank you for all the information and research.I'm sorry you have RSD too. I've always felt stress at the time of the injury or surgery or whatever, plays a part in those who get RSD and others that may have same surgery or injury are not effected. I was going thru a very stressful time when I had the surgery and the RSD showed up the very next day. I didn't know if for 4 years. The next day my entire arm swelled up and then next thing was frozen shoulder. Lot of PT and massage therapy. and on and on. That's been 12 years ago.

I've been to Bio Feedback and practice meditation also. I'm so relaxed, can go into the MRI for an hour without any meds, and just put myself on the beach in Maui.The pain thing is a lot more difficult. I use music, scented candles, massage, various essential oils, family vacation albums, talking to friends on the phone, especially giving encouragement to friends that are experiencing tough times, of course trying to be balanced about that.

Thanks again, Mike, for listing the references. I'm going to pick up the book and start on the anti-inflammatory diet. I alread take the Omega 3 fish oil. My Dr. has really helped me, I'm out of the deep deep depression I experienced for a long time. I did start Cymbalta 60 mg. about 6 weeks ago, but it's more than that. More like, came to acceptance, and grateful for a lot of things instead of looking back and missing all that I can't do. Was really involved with all kinds of sports.

Have you checked out HBOT? A couple of friends here have really been helped with it. I'm going to ask my Dr. Monday. Take care, Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote