View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Jim

If I had the answer, I darned sure wouldn't be hanging around here. But I will offer some friendly advice. It may or may not be good advice. I am just a lowly patient, after all.

First, and hardest, is you have to change your relationship with everything. You have to aim for being some kind of monkor priest or something. The reason is the stress of life. Ideally, there would be a sanctuary of some kind where we could retreat and have no worries. Ain't gonna happen, so we have to do it ourselves. Read up on meditation, self hypnosis, exercise, etc. All will move you in that direction. Your doc will offer pills. Don't take them if at all possible. One more drug is all you need.

Second, and in contradiction of that last sentence, use common sense but try everything. We have a designer disease. Each is different and nobody knows what will work for you.

Third, be suspicious of your meds. If you read the inserts you will find that the symptoms of a little too much is very similar to those of a little too little.

Fourth, find something you enjoy. Dopamine is the feel-good chemical. But it doen't just show up when you have accomplished something. It shows up in anticipation of accomplishing something - that's why gambling is so dangerous. But if you are doing something you enjoy, you are pumping out dopamine.

I don't know if that helps or not.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (11-22-2008)