Thread: roasting turkey
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Well...all my life my Mom put the Turkey on late and then we went to bed. Nothing like torture while you sleep...smelling that bird cook all night. She would rub salt in the cavity. Something else she did that just made it great was to take a few cubes of butter...melt them. Mix flour with them to make a paste. Then you take that paste and cover the whole bird with it. Salt and pepper the top and cover it ant throw that baby in the oven. I cook it a little wamer. When you wake up you will have the most wonderful moist fall of the bones bird you have ever cooked. We never died...and I do put the stuffing in at bedtime too. This way you have your oven open to cook all the other goodies.

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote