Thread: The Mime
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 12:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default The Killer

I believe it was in 2001 that I had pneumonia 6 times. Realizing that this is one of the culprits that causes the demise of many people with Parkinson's, I decided that I needed to do something about my obviously weak lungs if I wanted to live much longer. For 10 years I was the music director and worship leader at church, so singing seemed to me to be the perfect solution. I took up karaoke for therapy. Okay, so it wasn't just for therapy, but don't tell anyone.

I found a karaoke computer program that I dowwnloaded for free. My lungs have definitely improved, and I have had a blast singing and recording songs in the privacy of my study. Mine is not the best voice on the block, and I am flat on occasion...okay, maybe often, but who cares. Okay, so my wife and kids make me shut the door, and my dog howls. Love songs from the 50's and 60's don't necessarily have to sound good to be fun to sing. I have put some of these songs on a web page along with some other recordings I have done. If you want a good laugh at my expense, or if you want to walk down memory lane, you will find my checkerboard jukebox at

http://www.braincrumbs.org/checkerboard.htm

Stop by and have fun. It won't cost you a penny.

michael

Oh, and sing along. It will strengthen your lungs.
michael7733 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (09-21-2012)