View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 05:56 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I just emailed our association about the cars that are parked on the street (when everyone has an empty driveway)

The fire department had problems getting to our houses because the guy next door to my aunt has a car parked on the street (on a t-intersection, on a curve!) and they couldnt quite make the turn onto the street.

That house where the car was parked, was the ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT'S house!!! (I made sure to CC the email to everyone on the association board, public humiliation can be a good motivator for that arrogant jerk)

he's done a bunch of stuff since becoming the Prez that is against the HOA covenants, so getting him to get his guest/girlfriend?/family member's car off the street when he has a completely empty driveway can be a good thing. (I think that his formerly ex-wife, they remarried, is responsible for my dog's death two years ago. So getting her friend?/sister's? car off the curving t-intersection will be a good plus for having my smoke-CO2 detectors going off at 2am)

It's almost 5am. I cant sleep now (not that that is strange, I have insomnia a lot) I'm going to try to get some sleep in a little bit, since I'm getting sleepy. I'm still a bit worried that something could happen, but at least I know our detectors work. (yay!)

I cant wait to see what kind of emails that I'll get back from the association board in the morning.

Oh yeah! When my parents and I went out earlier tonight (last night?) we noticed there was a fire engine at a house up the street from us. Wonder if they had a similar problem? I mentioned that in my email to the association. I wonder if they'll know what happened at that house...there was some work on the sewers behind my house a few weeks ago. Makes me wonder if there was something coming up thru the sewer pipes, seeing as how both my house and my aunt had similar problems tonight, and the FD never could explain it to us exactly what would be causing problems at both houses tonight. They just had theories.

I cant wait to see what El Presidente has to say about the car that's been parked in front of his house for the past few weeks. He's always been the one to mention in the association newsletters that people should watch where they park, because emergency vehicles could have problems getting thru the neighborhood (he's an EMT)

What I thought was weird tonight, was that with all the fire engines (at least four) and the two or three ambulances that they sent just in case, and the other emergency vehicles and sheriff's department, none of my neighbors came out of their houses to see what was wrong. (hope they werent having similar problems and just didnt know it...could be a scary situation tomorrow if that's the case)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (11-21-2008)