15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazelle View Post
Ha ha ha..... I KNEW it! KNEW it!

It was only a matter of time.....

You are DOOMED!

I really do like working at the shelter and given time I might decide to add more days

I don't have alot of contact with the animals because I do administrative work, however, I like to get in a little early so I have time to wander the kennels and visit with some of the dogs.

We currently have a 8 year old cat who came into our home when we had two dogs. The last dog was put down 3 years ago this coming Jan.

On Wed and Thurs I went to visit with the puppy I want before work and after. Because she is on a 5 day hold she cannot be taken out of the kennel. She has a toy in her kennel and after talking to her for a little bit she ran to the other side of the kennel, got her toy and ran back with it to me.

I went around to the other side of the kennel to see what she would do and she came running towards me with the toy in her mouth. Needless to say I am in love

Downside: she is a puppy and as many know puppies chew. She lost interest in me and started to chew on a metal bar that is part of her kennel door. We will have to work quite a bit with her because we only have a 3 1/2 foot fence and she is going to be a large dog judging by her paws.

Housebreaking We put in some very nice and expensive carpet Jan 2008.

Because this puppy will be large, leash training is a major thing. I will not and cannot have her pull me. She will need to learn to keep my pace....slow She will also learn not to jump up on people - with her size she would knock me and others over.

I want her socialized. I will not tolerate an aggressive dog. I got spoiled with our last dog, she was a gentle dog who liked people and other animals.

I am trying not to get too excited about geting this dog as her owner has until close of business on Sunday to claim her. Ummm.....I'm not doing to good about the excited part

My family and I are going to the Shelter Sat. so they can see her and give their opinions. This will be the second time my DD has been there and I have to literally take her by the arm and pull her to get her out of the loose cat room

legezzalot, I have come to the conclusion I like animals better than people

Note: Not personal against anyone here
dmplaura (11-21-2008), ewizabeth (11-21-2008), hollym (11-25-2008), Kitty (11-21-2008), tkrik (11-21-2008), weegot5kiz (11-21-2008)