View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 12:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks to all who have replied. I also have many times where I will be extremely hyper and giddy. To the point where my boyfriend asks me what is wrong with me. I always blame it on coffee, but I know that if I am in a "down" mood that coffee doesn't affect me like that. I do not have the extreme ups and downs. No gambling money away or anything like that. But I do have a strong urge to drink at times (I've been sober for a year and a half now) never an actual alcoholic, just a young partier. Honestly there are times that I want to spend my money however I want but my boyfriend usually helps bring me back to the unfortunate reality that I have bills to pay and a car to keep moving with gas.

As far as concentration, I have none. I work at that call center and I repeat myself all day long, so I tend to get bored and frustrated beyond belief. Also, Ill be in the middle of saying something and I'll totally forget what I just said because I wasn't paying attention to myself. I zone out frequently into what I like to call "Marissa World".

My doctor explained to me that there is a major misconception of bipolar disorder, because there are many different versions of it, quite like MS. She said there is the mild case, which I have, and then there is the severe case which would be where people gamble, drink, and snort their lives away on mania binges.

I don't really know, but I know that I am not able to control what moods I am in. I have tried really hard for the last year, but I know I just have to keep my job. To do that I need some outside source, antidepressants/mood stabilizers, to continue leading a normal life until I can learn to control it myself.

Once again I appreciate all the comments and suggestions!
Chazen18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (11-22-2008), Jules A (11-21-2008)