View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 01:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default HELP!!!! I'm not myself

I don't know how I found NeuroTalk - because I can't remember. I also can't remember how I got hurt.

What I've been told is that I sustained a concussion this past Sunday from possibly falling off my horse. No one knows for sure because there are no outward signs of trauma and no one was with me.

I've seen my PCP and a neurologist. I've had a CT scan, which was normal, and an EEG (results unknown). Both Dr's briefly mentioned post concussion syndrome, but were not definitive.

These are the problems I'm having: My head hurts all the time, my vision seems a bit out of focus, it's difficult to concentrate or focus on details (I had to turn a movie off this morning because I didn't understand it.), I've been sleeping A LOT, and the short term memory loss drives me nuts! I was going to mail a letter, but after I put on my coat and got to the mailbox I realized I didn't have the letter!

I remember nothing of the day on Sunday, and Saturday is only a few small pieces of a large puzzle and they don't fit together to make a picture. I have difficulty with words sometimes. I went to my son's school concert last night, but found that all the people/noise/sounds were putting me into overdrive. I had to stand out in the hall and my headache is even worse since then.

What can I do to speed things along? I am supposed to go to work on Monday morning, and I want to be active. I am an RN in surgery so I really need to be on top of my game. The neurologist gave me a note to return on Monday, does this sound reasonable?

HELP!!! I just want my head to stop hurting and to be normal!
Dakotasmum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote