Thread: Avatars
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 09:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i didn't rescue iley. my other girl, fuzzy, was kind of rescued. she and her sister were the last 2 pups out of an accidental litter. if i didn't take her she would have been "disposed of" she was incredible. looked like a flat coated retriever. so smart. she learned how to work the cows with hubby. (and she was all retriever) her passing was so very traumatic for me.
iley, on the other hand, is a show dog. but we don't show her. her sister is doing very very well on the circuit. we just love her as our companion and pet. i just didn't feel i could cope without the health guarantee. i know things can still go wrong but i have my fingers crossed.
i forgot all about spare kitty. because we are out in the country, city people often dump unwanted pets that end up on our doorstep. dogs don't stick around long cause we have a no kill shelter that i can take them to. cats on the other hand will stay. i feed htem until i can find a home for them. spare kitty however gets to live here because iley just loves him. they play together really well taking turns chasing each other etc. spare kitty also likes to wrap his front legs around her ruff and then give her kisses.

the cast is solid and must remain that way. it's a long story, but between the location of the break and bad bones i'm stuck with it for a while longer. lucky me.

hugs and prayers

pass the bubble wrap please

Last edited by Farm Wife; 11-22-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Farm Wife is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote