View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 08:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default major twitches/jerks

Just wondering - I know that most of the sensations I have are common - tingling feeling in toes/fingers, the feeling of bubbles or worms under my skin, the "spiders' running across my feet or scalp etc, but do other people get major body twitches and/or jerks - particularly at night when going to sleep? It's not like one of those semi-dreams where you dream you are tripping or falling off a sleep, but an entire limb or other body part flinging. I've had arms and legs fling, my head regularly bounces down to one side and then back up again, and some really weird ones like all 10 toes flexing backwards at the same time., my jaw slamming shut, both legs curling upwards at the same time, etc. These are all very violent movements - and they scare the pants off me every time I get them!
My dr says just plain old myoclonic jerks, but seeing as they started as the same time as all my other problems I doubt it...
I am idiopathic pn, mostly degenerative and some axonal - they think it's probably autoimmune - Sjogren's - but no official diagnosis. I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks - in the meantime I'll just keep on twitching!
Fran E is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote