View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wendy,

It's funny that you mentioned the book "running with scissors".

Right before i came here to NeuroTalk, I was at the website for the book club that I order books from, and I ordered every single book written by Augusten Burroughs-- there are 4, Dry, Magical Thinking, Running with Scissors, and the new one Possible Side Effects.

I have been wanting those books for a while now because he talks about his nutty family and I figured it would give me some perspective on my own nutty family.

The book club was offering a holiday special, so I got the first 3 books for $7 each and the new one for $16.... with the $2 for shipping the total for all 4 books was only $39. The book club is the Quality Paperback Book Club - the sell the larger type of paperback books that are almost the same size as the hardcover. I generally prefer hardcover books, but the oversized paperbacks are great because they are the right size, but cheaper

Anyway, I just thought it was ironic that you and I both ordered the same book for pretty much the same reason.... we will have to have a book discussion when we start reading

Liz
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote