View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoKidsTwoCats View Post
WOW Erin! You jogged my memory, I need to get our CO2 detectors replaced. They are 10 years old.

Just a thought, did this same heating contractor do the work on your Aunts home? Maybe worth looking into.

Glad ya'll are ok!
No, her new furnace and heat pump were bought from a different company. We still have our original furnace (house is only 6yrs old, same as hers) She had her furnace replaced after the big windstorm that blasted thru our neighborhood in June trashed her air conditioning. She got the heat pump/furnace combo. A lot more efficient that her old a/c and furnace.

We're replacing the old fireplace, we dont like the crummy thermostat, and how dangerous it was. I'm trying to Google the fireplace to see if I can find any bad reviews or recall information on it.

I'm just sitting here freaked out at how bad it COULD have been. I'm realizing that I would have been trapped in my bedroom (but I have a huge egress window...I would crawled thru that)

Now I'm going to have nightmares about fire probably. Scary!!!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (11-22-2008), TwoKidsTwoCats (11-21-2008)