View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and support, it means a lot .

I am in tears has I type this but just wanted to let you all know what has happened ...

I have just got back from the hospital with my parents, unfortunately my grandad didn't make it and passed away at 9.30am this morning, English time. Apparently, my grandad wasn't in any pain has everything happened so quickly, my nanan explained that they were going to go to the store and my grandad was going to get on his electric scooter and complained that he was dizzy and within 30 seconds, he had collapsed and his heart stopped beating. My nanan thought he was just fooling about until he made some funny noises and she then called my dad and we called the ambulance. The doctors on the phone told my dad to do CPR on him to try and get his heart to start beating again but unfortunately it didn't.

The nurses allowed us all to see my grandad in the hospital and that had to be one of the hardest things I have ever had to do in my entire life. I went in with my mum, nanan and dad and we all burst into tears and my nanan kept shouting that she wanted him back and burst into tears. I couldn't really bear to see my grandad like that has I just wanted him back and the reality hit me so much.

All of our other family members went in to see him also and the nurses gave us a book to read about what to do next. They suspect that my grandad suffered a real, massive heart attack but because it was so sudden and there was no warning signs, they are having to do a post-morterm. My grandad wanted to be cremeted so that is what we are having done.

I can't concentrate at the moment, just knowing that I will never see my grandad again is truly heartbreaking. My nanan is in a right state so we are going to go and see her again later tonight and get her a few things from the shop. My uncle came round and we all got right worried has we thought something had happened to my nanan also but she went for a walk has she says she can't cope being in the house on her own at the moment has it is all too fresh.

Thank you all once again for your kind words and support, it's so nice knowing that people are here to listen to me.

Love, Alison