Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 03:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Iffynah,

How frustrating! I'm sorry your in the middle of WC red tape. Sounds like you need to see a Dr. experienced with RSD. I had never heard of RSD and didn't get correctly diagnosed for 4 years. I've had it 12 years now, full body or generalized. The day following surgery, swollen arm, then frozen shoulder. had PT treatments. Private insurance. Then other shoulder froze up. more pt. then hand injury while water skiing, diagnosed rheumatoid arthritis! Hand froze up. Decided to fly back to Oregon and see a hand orthopedic Dr, never had seen him before, but knew of the sports injury group where I had the surgery that started everything. He diagnosed me in 1 minute after looking at my hand. Had tests, that confirmed it. Started PT. and then came back to Arizona and found a neurologist that confirmed it again and saw a hand ortho who confirmed it and kept going with pt. Was diagnosed too late and only got half of use of my left hand. Then moved to other hand etc. It wasn't till about 4 years ago that my present Dr. a nuerologist, that told my rsd really started with my breast surgery. It all makes sense now.

To get medical compensation, you need to get a correct diagnosis by a Dr. It's really important to tie it into your work related injury. Do you know anyone in your area with RSD? Is there a support group for RSD in a larger city near you? Could you call a hospital and ask if there is a otho, hand, or neuro. experienced in RSD. ? A pain management clinic experienced in overseeing RSD? A WC attorney with knowledge of RSD?

I'm sorry again you have to deal with this on top of your injury. Let us know, when you find a Dr. or anyone to help you. I'll write if I think of anything else. Take care, Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote