View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 06:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I disagree with "the order" in which Bepop was told to do things. I've been getting wc for 4.5 years (at first whole 60%, now 40%) and ssdi for the last few months, with the ssdi amount offset some because of the wc. I thought that I wouldn't be able to collect from ssdi while I was still getting wc, but that just wasn't true.....I also got a nice backpay check from ssdi. Backpay will only go back to when you applied for ssdi, so if I had waited until "done with" wc, I would have missed out on that $50,000. Also MC doesn't start until 24 months after the date ssdi recognizes as the start of your disability and there is no guarantee that ssdi will quickly approve you just as wc drops you.

In my case, I've been told to notify ssdi of the settlement details when I finally settle with wc.....that amount calculated over my lifetime will amount to less than I currently get biweekly from wc, so my ssdi should go up when I settle with wc.

So......it all depends on the amounts you are getting for ssdi and how much the wc settlement is for.
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote