Thread: Need to vent
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 09:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I went through the he** of wc too in 2003-2004 and then I settled a year and a half after it started.

The thing about them trying to say you dx yourself and then getting your doc to say it,is exactly what they tried to do with me. The 1st Ortho I saw about a month and a half after the rsd started is the one who dx'd me. He asked me if I knew what it was or had heard of it. I gave him a funny look and said...no,never heard of it and haven't a clue! He says,do you have internet access? I say yes and he tells me to go home and look it up. When it came time for my deposition they asked me 10 ways from sunday about that very thing. They tried to say I'm the one who found it and dx myself then convinced the doc it's what I had. ROFLMAO Yeah right.....I told the truth and told them blow by blow what happened at that appt and my truth never changed. They eventually got tired of it and moved on to other things. LOL

WC is particularly nasty no matter what state you live in and even worse when it comes to those of us who end up with rsd. The cuss word of the insurance world. Of course all their docs, I should say most of them, are jerks who will say whatever wc pays them to say.

Do you know the rules in your state about picking and switching docs? I found the rules for Ga and can tell you your rights if you don't know.

As for how you can't get rsd, well.....you can get it from any kind of injury! There aren't certain injuries that result in rsd. *rolls eyes* That sounds like the insurance company talking to me. I know a man up the road from me that got rsd because he cut his finger on a piece of glass sticking out of a garbage bag for goodness sake!! I've talked to lots of people in the last 6 yrs and it's quite a range of injuries and iv sticks even and ending up with rsd.

Do you have a lawyer? I've heard others say you can make that wc nurse stay out of the room when you see the doctor. You have a right to see a doc alone and then the nurse can say what she wants to the doc after your appt is over. Something worth thinking about.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote