View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've been doing the Dove bar of soap between the bottom sheet and the mattress cover for about 30 days now. I place it roughly between my knees and calfs. Use to have terribly painful cramps in my legs a couple times per week but can honestly report that's happened only one time since I first put a bar of Dove soap in my bed. When I first heard about this I thought the idea was nutty - I still do, but, damnit, it's working for me and I don't argue too strongly with success. You don't have to put an ad in the paper to announce to your neighbors what your doing but if you have leg cramps - just try it. If it doesn't work then fuhgeddabudit. If it does work then hooray for you.

Incidently, I've also tried the wintergreen rubbing alcohol with 12 regular aspirin (325mg each) dissolved in it. (I also add in some baby oil) Does a pretty good job of relieving some of the pins & needles and stinging that's associated with PN. Doesn't cure anything but helps in getting to sleep sometimes. Same can be said about the tube of Vicks VapoRub...the greaseless cream style. Just rub it on your legs...nothing ventured nothing gained. Inexpensive too.

The one thing these remedies have taught me is: "if ya ain't tried it - don't knock it."

DanP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote