View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 11:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Alcohol and Brain Chemistry (Need help)

Hello All....I have a question about the effects of alcohol on your brain chemistry and how this changes the ability of your medications to do their job. I rarely drink....about one glass of wine twice a year. One week ago (11/15) I had quite a bit more, as it was my 50th birthday (I know I shouldn't have). My problem is that I have been very messed up since that time. I am scared and in a state of panic. My stomache is upset and I can't think clearly. I feel as if something is terribly wrong with my meds and they had been doing fine. Someone mentioned to me that even the smallest amount of alcohol can temporarily change your brain chemistry, causing medications to lose their effectiveness. They told me it might be 7-10 days. I have never heard anything about this and was wondering if any of you are familiar with it. Is it possible that I have done some kind of permanent damage, or that my dr may have to tweek my meds. I hope it is temporary. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Sebrena
SAK89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote