View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 12:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My BP is all over since I got RSD. It was as low as 58/ 22 during a colonoscopy and as high as 188/ 121 talking to the doc. Resting pulse varies from 28 to about 110.

Pain and stress drive it high. Too much salt in the diet might drive it up but it's unpredictable. I take norvasc for it but it really doesn't do anything except take about 10 off the high and low end all the time. If I can keep it down for a few days running then I'll skip a day or two taking the medication but it will creep back higher. Talk to your doctor before skipping anything. One confided in me that he takes his only on weekdays when his stress his high. Of course everyone's condition is different and he's more competent to judge whether he can skip or not. I take it more regularly all the time since I don't always notice when the BP goes up. I only check when I think it's high and the cummulative effects of high BP is hard on the organs.

It's very hard for me to exercise but this is the best thing for high BP. It will drop 20 points on both ends after even light exercise. I believe it's caused by getting the cholesterol plaques in the capillaries to dislodge and get moving again but I can't find confirmation for this.

High BP and RSD seemed to feed off each other before I got it mostly under control. Each would worsen the other. Low salt levels seems to play as much havoc as high though it takes a lot of effort to get your salt too low. One doctor told me to cut out salt. I don't think he believed I could do it and succeeding was tough on me.

A couple people here mentioned false positives for heart disease on stress tests. This could be symptomatic as well so keep it in mind.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote