View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 02:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Do see your family doctor and let your neurologist know 'if' you start getting monthly ear infections for I found that too is tied into MS.

I went over a year getting monthly ear infections. I would see my family doctor, he would prescribe an antibiotic, it would clear then the following month the process would start again.

I now use daily otic 2% ear drops; 4 drops in each ear and this keeps away the monthly ear infections. My family doctor did a culture on my throat (looked like strep but wasn't); it was in my throat and ears. It was a bacteria that belonged in my lower intestines.

Earlier, another family doctor I saw saw this infection in my throat and said it was near my spine and could easily go into my brain; said he had seen it many times before. He was an older, experienced doctor. I too was running a pretty high fever. At 99 lbs. -- little girl's size 12 pants -- (30 lbs. lighter than my size 7 pants) I was given a painful shot in my bum that dispersed the antibiotic over a 5 day period.

Now I'm going through something new. I don't have an ear infection or wax buildup; saw my family doctor. But I'm losing the hearing my my left ear. This too is tied into MS because when I see my neurologist at the MS Clinic in Pittsburgh he checks my hearing by rubbing his fingers together by my ears asking if I can hear it. Now I cannot hear the dial tone on the phone in my left ear.

Oh, too this started years ago by ringing in my ear; now that ringing in my left ear has gone and I have extremely loud, high-pitched ringing in my right ear.

Just my experience over the years with my ears...only having MS dx. Not saying this is what is going on with you... Take care.
0357 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote