View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 12:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Word of caution

Quahog, I just replied to your post on the Lyme forum. I don't want to get into a controversy on this site but I do want to caution anyone reading this about the CDC current statement. They seem to switch sides on the issue of CHRONIC (long term) Lyme disease. You most probably fall into this category if you were indeed infected 19 yrs. ago.

You might want to do alot of research prior to you appointment with the LLMD. Suggest you check out some other Lyme sites.

Also, would be a good idea to get a notebook & write down all your symptoms,both current & over the past years. If you have cognitive issues you might even want to ask someone you trust to go with you for this appointment.

Lyme has many different symptoms & usually won't be diagnosed until everything else has been eliminated as a possibility. I'm not at all surprised the internist doesn't agree you have Lyme.

Research IV antibiotic therapy,how will you pay for this? The $$$$ people are spending on LLMD's & antibiotic therapy is mind boggling!! You might want to research alternative therapy such as salt/vitamin c,herbals & vits.

Feel free to pick my brain, I've done alot of research over the past several years. I discovered Lyme disease through a movement disorder forum. I have myoclonus (severe body jerks). I have seen vast improvement in my strange symptoms & I've never taken any antibiotics. PM me anytime....

Wishing you LUCK,Buttons
Buttons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote