View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 08:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Red face

so sorry you're suffering so much. I've been through a lot with my MVA (motor vehicle accident) injuries from 10-11-2000. I was active with this forum but had an acute exacerbation with my arms, shoulders and hands after an outpatient procedure on 09-14-07. They gave me an IV in my hand that I felt a lot of discomfort with and didn't ask to have it moved. (I'd had three other IVs for epidural injections in my cervical spine with no problem) well when I woke up, the old pains were back and flaring on both sides. I'm just now getting back to where I was before the IV.

My doctors go "humm" and seem to be cautious not to make me worse, or don't know how to help me.

I had posted a lot of self help things I've tried and gotten a little or a lot of relief with. If you can't find those, let me know and I'll work hard to get that to you. I'm going to try to put it on the Thread that's been created for TOS. I may have to ask for help to get that out for current use.

I also had pain and difficulty with ADLs (activites of daily living). A hairdryer on a stand is a must. I underwent laser hair removal for my legs and underarms. Personal care is painful and can become impossible to do.

I believe I have found a tool that will be helpful. It helped me once before and now again with this most recent flare. I'm just not a quick healer, unfortunately.

Like I said, so sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry you're suffereing. if it helps, you're certainly not alone and your case could be worse than most. I can also tell you from experience: Your arms are not going to explode or fall off. Realizing that seemed to comfort me.

Hang in there.
(Broken Wings)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason86 View Post
Ive been researching more on TOS since i finally found the cause and definite diagnosis of the symptoms ive had since my car accident 2 months ago. Doctors had no idea. Amazing how instead i had to do a search on the internet to find a diagnosis.

Ive been having arm claudication ever since the accident. I can't drive, type, brush my hair, rinse my hair at all with my left arm. If i do try, i would start feeling some kind of tight pain in less than 3 minutes.
I also feel a pulsating beat in my head a tome and a twitching in the left side of my face.

The big scare for me is i can literally feel some kind of lump in my artery on the base of my neck. Initially i thought this was the carotid artery and was scared ******** of the dangers from that being occluded. I had a carotid doppler and that was clear. Later on after searching the internet, i realised that was pointless considering the carotid artery is located more inwards.

Now that ive realised i do have TOS, its hit me that this is the subclavian artery which might be occluded. Reading more, this puts me in the category for 'Arterial Outlet Syndrome'. I know this is the most serious case. Everything points to me having this - the arm claudication which is associated with the arterial type. The non existant pain, swelling or numbness in my arm which is associated with the venous type.

Do i need a angioplasty? Reconstruction? If it were not to be a success, would i lose my arm? These are the questions running through my head.

Though the main question that i would like to ask is, has anyone gone through Arterial Outlet Syndrome and later on had surgery? It'd be nice to hear how it went for different people. Id like to hear both positive and negative.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (11-25-2008)