View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wink

[QUOTE=Brian;412950]Yes, very good Mel & great Ac1 reading too, well done i am always interested in reading about foods that are healthy for you & low GI as well, you know my story with prediabetes so i still treat myself as a diabetic 2 person just to be carefull.
I do enjoy alfalfa sprouts in the summer times mixed in with salads, i will use more of them now after reading your post, thanks ... i am not blessed with green fingers though, i fail miserably at every attempt of growing anything, but well done Mel, you are truly inspirational.
happy sprouting to you
----------------------------------------------------------------

Brian:

You don't need a green thumb. Believe me I have yellow thumbs. I never have been able to grow ANYTHING.

But this is fool proof. You don't have to do anything but (to start with), buy a package of organic lentils (plain lentils will also do). Put some lentils in a strainer and wash thoroughly. Rinse well. Put them in a bowl, or a jar (or anything you have). Just pat them down so they are not all over each other (try this with a small amount, so you can do a test). Then pour water over them so there's sufficient amount of water in the jar, bowl, whatever.

Leave overnight to soak.

Next day, pour out and rinse WELL!!!

Now 3 times a day, just put some water, and rinse WELL.

See, all you are doing is rinsing well 3 times a day. By the third day, the lentils start to open and you see little things coming out of them.

4th day. Take the lentils, pat them a bit dry (you don't want to put wet anything in the fridge).

When they are nice and dry, put in a bowl, cover and put in fridge. Take them out when you need to put them in a salad.

Try this, YOU CAN DO THIS.

I want to hear that you did this. It's fun!!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote