View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 09:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm seeing a MDS that specializes in young onset PD, and other doctors have given me the same answer to all but the first question, they always say "all PD patients are different" Extremely frustrating, I could have told myself that. H*ll, the diagnosis based on the response to l-dopa is not even all that accurate. (I'm looking for 100% )

And In regards to "could it be something other than PD", I had to twist the arm of all three neuros that diagnosed me to test for anything else. (and I had to suggest the tests) WTF. When I mentioned Wilson's disease, he just said "oh yeah, ok"

I like my doctor, I've read about his experience, he is well veted in the structures of western medicine. I just think they are hobbled by a system, starting with their education, that locks many of them into to being glorified prescription machines.

CTenaLouise these are great questions, especially the first one, which I ask every time I go to the MDS, "could my symptoms be something other than Parkinson's syndrome, um disease?"

If you've read this far, thanks for listening to my vent. I know I'm mostly preaching to the chior.

Robert
rd42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (11-23-2008)