View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Where do you live?

If you are in a metropolitan area, finding another endo for a second opinion shouldn't be hard. Just check out your local hospitals' web sites and under the 'find a doctor' section [which is often hard to find itself] look up endocrinologists. Then 'Web' up their names and/or practices.....if you like what you see it's worth a shot?
If your are in Canada, Australia or the UK it is likely to be harder. Depending on your circumstances [finances] it just mite be worth it to find a private practice and get that new look at things. Otherwise you are going to have to find out how their game is played.
The two best web sites I've found on thyroid are:
http://www.endocrineweb.com/ and.....
http://thyroid.about.com/ This second site is useful in that it can and does go off on some tangents...and it pushes the sites' founder's books. But, it IS useful. I'm sure there are other sites or resources out there - I'd start with the NIH and see where they refer you to and check them out.
Between these two sites you mite be able to get a more solid handle on what's going on with you....and how it relates to neuropathy. It does, you know. Seems that that pesky thyroid starts a whole series of necessary chain reactions that are not just useful, but essential to our beings functioning well.
Unfortunately, it's not a body part that can be 'replaced'! YET....
At least [keep telling yourself this!], at least it's not Diabetes [Islets of Langerhorn & Pancreas]! One issue at a time PLEASE! Also, this kind of reading can turn your brain to mush if you try to read too much at once.. Take it in 30 minute to hour 'bits' so it sinks in better. Learning all the 'language' medically helps a bit too - in 'getting it'.
Sure hope this helps! Get copies of your tests [if you can, sometimes there's a charge] and then we all can refer you to web sites to help you interpret them. We're not docs here, just 'patients'! But, patients with a keen interest in self-preservation!
Get to work and 's! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
susanjpullen (11-23-2008)