View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 02:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiloo View Post
Amanda, I read your thread a few days ago but didn't quite know what to say. I had my 5th lumbar surgery on Oct 6th. I'm doing very well. I didn't want to talk to you about me.

I don't understand all that has gone wrong with your surgery. I'm so sorry for your pain and all that has gone wrong. I guess everyone has told you to get a good lawyer.

I just wonder how you get by and my heart goes out to you. Amanda please know that you are in my prayers...
Thanks for your thoughts tamiloo, much appreciated. I'm not doing too bad at the moment, just getting my head around the implications of this. I'm only 37 and have two kids aged 13 and 9. I originally decided to have the operation because I was no longer able to be active with my kids and now this has happened - ironic really. My husband has been absolutely awesome, im just so lucky I don't have to cope with this on my own. Over here in New Zealand we are not able to sue doctors they way you are in the States. We can pursue compensation through the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) but the process is designed to be lengthy and frustrating and I don't have the mental energy just at the moment to go there. You sound like an amazing person, having dealt with both yours and your husbands injuries/illnesses. I have a lot to be thankful for compared to you but reading your profile gives me strength that I can cope with this setback. Thank you for reaching out.
amandat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote