View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 05:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
I've been told that the condition of your finger nails tells a lot about your general health, and that lack of certain vitamins in your diet can lead to them being unhealthy.

Several weeks ago I had no moons on them at all. These are slowly coming back, but now I find I have deep ridges in them. The ridges feel a bit like corrigated iron.

Can any one please tell me what I'm lacking in my diet for my fingernails to have ridges like this?
Hi, I had the corrugated ridges, though I thought of them looking like the drippings on a candle.

When I first noticed them I was also thinking of killing myself. This is about a dozen years ago.

When I survived my suicide attempt and looked at my hospital records I saw that I had very low vitamin B12 levels, which meant nothing to me. I did get some MegaB vitamins, which I took a lot of, with the result that my entrenched allergies went away. But, when I had another B12 test there was not a whit of improvement.

When I finally was getting regular B12 shots I found that the ridges began to go away, and now after a decade of replacement therapy my moons are coming back.

I discuss B12 and fingernails on my website. I have a lot of pictures of my nails, illustrating how at stressful times the moons go away. (They don't if I take enough Methylcobalamin, but when I'm under a lot of stress I often fail to do what is most important, I just get confused and don't do the right things.)

**** Oh... I should mention that once I'd had quite a lot of B12 replacement my thinking greatly improved and I no longer felt like killing myself, even when things were as stressful as they were then.