View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thank you Bob:

Because Alan is starting with 75 of the Lyrica, twice a day, (he only has 14 pills, it's a free trial prescription), and suppose he stays on that dose and let's say in one week he doesn't want to fill the prescription for the months supply, how does he titrate down? There will be no more pills.

He once took neurontin. After one day, he felt like he had the flu, with aches and pain and fevers. He stopped. Then two days later, just to make sure it was not the flu and that it WAS the neurontin that made him deathly ill, he did it again. Same thing happened. So we know he can't take neurontin.

So if he is good with this lyrica, he'll fill the new prescription. If he feels at the end of the 7 days, that it did nothing for him, I know my Alan, he won't fill the prescription. That is what the neurologist said. She said "try it for 7 days". If you feel it working, fill the new prescription, then we'll see if we have to increase the dosage down the road. It's a trial and error in the beginning."

Oh, just phoned the Cordis people about the stent information. Everybody with a stent in their chest has been calling this company. They are mailing out all information to all their stent patients. She assured me that the initial research came out of Barcelona Spain about the drug-elluding stent, and when that report came out, Cordis did their own research and found it NOT TO AGREE with the Barcelona Report.

She assured me that while this blood-clot thing does occur, it is a VERY RARE OCCURANCE. That stents saves lives.

So she is mailing me some literature on this.

Feel much better now that I phoned up Cordis.

So thank you Bob and please kindly respond to my new question on the dosing of the lyrica.

mel

P.S. It's 4:19 p.m. and Alan just came home from the gym. He says: "Guess who I just met up with at the gym??, Dr. Fred." I laughed. Dr. Fred is his favorite person in the whole world. Dr. Fred introduced Alan to some of his friends and to the owner of the gym. Dr. Fred is built like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Alan explained that he went to the Peripheral Neuropathy Dept of methodist and what Dr. Goldfarb is doing. Dr. Fred said "Okay, let's wait until you have the emg, then you'll come back to me and THEN we'll run all the tests she wants including the vasculitis tests.

Alan is also happy SO FAR with the lyrica.
will update soon.
be well everybody!!!!

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 11-22-2006 at 04:24 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote