View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

We recently had a trial run of retirement. DH retired from active duty military service in May 08. He wanted to take some time off before pursuing another career.

Now I have not worked outside the home in 27 years, so I've been home alone or with one of the kids all that time. SO I really was set in my routines. What we found worked for us, was having separate zones to call our own.

I have an office/craft/sewing/day bed room and he has his library/office/game/TV room....a man cave we call it! I can nap as needed, he can work on projects or goof off as he likes. We usually cooked lunch together, unless we went out to eat. He took on household chores that he saw me struggle with (I hadn't told him before). We planned out projects together in advance and that way we each knew how to plan our days.

He recently went back to work and I miss not having him around all day.

B2Y, you and DH will find what works best for you guys.
AZjanie (11-23-2008), Blessings2You (11-24-2008), SallyC (11-23-2008), weegot5kiz (11-23-2008)