View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 11:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Finally some relief!!!!!

Sorry I haven't responded lately, but I was at the end of my rope. I have been in and out of the ER for severe dehydration twice since my last post.

I have been seeing the same Gastro since Feb and decided to get a second opinion from an alternative medicine DR. On my first visit I give her my lengthy medical history and promptly orders a urine and stool sample. Something my Gastro never did>>>>>>>go figure!!!!! And guess what the results showed. I have an over growth of 4 different bacteria including E. Coli.

So now I am finishing up a 2 week regiment of 500mg Flagyl and 250 mg Cipro b.i.d. She also put me on a Probiotic and Immunoglobulin Supplement.

As of 2 days ago I am able to tolerate gluten again but still have to shy away from the dairy.

My B-12 level was around 450.....I guess this would explain a lot of my symptoms. I started a B50 complex and a 2000mcg B12 lozenge but I don't like how they make me feel. With the absorbtion problem I have acquired from the intestinal infection what other b12 options are out there besides injections?????

Thanks in advance,

Woody
Cardiokid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote