View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 08:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have BP and have been in limboland with things here. That is beside the point.

The BP stuff. It is always best to get a second opinion to put your state of mind at ease. For that doctor to put you on meds just because you have mental illness in your family mostly and due to rough day at work that might have some behaviors that are associated with an illness is not being rational on their part. They need to do a complete 45 minute interview with you about your behaviors, etc. If they did not do this and they just prescribed you meds then it would be best to get another opinion for your mental healths sake.

Mental illness runs in my family and I had been through the ringer of therapists, doctors and psychiatrists til I was finally dx'd with BP at the age of 32. My twin sister was dxd two years later with BP. We both also have other health problems that are parallel.

If you ever have any doubts about taking medicine, always get a second opinion, especially if they are psych meds. Take it from someone who takes too many of those meds!

Hang in there. I hope you have a good day today.

Hugs,

Coffeegirl
coffeegirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote