View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weegot5kiz View Post
remember going to the local RX to test your TV tubes and replace them, and keep your tv going on your own

remember searching for the roller skate key

remember full service stations oil water pressure and windows included, who cared if the guy pumping it had a lit cigarette

remember penny candy stores, where a quarter took care of all of your friends and you

remember returning coke and pepsi bottles to get another baseball

remember phone numbers as .......avon3-4322

remember neil armstrong stepping on the moon I still get goose bumps

remember roller rinks and drive in movies, we still have one of each near by

You know I can still remember my telephone number from childhood!! We didn't have to use the area code like we do now. My parents had that same number for over 30 years.

And I remember going to the local Rx to test the TV's tubes!! Ours had a grill and we'd always get a cheeseburger there.....they made the best cheeseburgers!!

Penny candy....remember the wax lips and bubble gum cigarettes!! We thought we were so cool walking around with those things! I remember candy seemed to taste better back then....what happened?

I remember when McDonald's opened it's first restaurant here. It was a walk-up with bench seats attached to the building so you could sit outside.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (11-24-2008), AZjanie (11-24-2008), Debbie D (11-24-2008), ewizabeth (11-24-2008), FranksAngel (11-26-2008), Vonn07 (11-24-2008), weegot5kiz (11-24-2008), who moi (12-01-2008)