View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well I'm slightly confused.

As with Gabe, I too finally conceeded to having a PICC line put in. As she said so well, it was like admitting that I was 'sick', and having it visible for the world to see on my flabby bicep. And although it's only been accessed 4 days thus far, it sure is a blessing to now not have the pain of being a 2-1/2 hour pin cushion, and the anxiety that comes with it as well. And let me tell you that the nurses are VERY VERY happy that I finally went with it.

When I spoke with my neuro about continuing my IVIG, and mentioning how the veins were no longer co-operating, he stated that IVIG itself is NOT harsh on the veins. It is more that scar tissue develops every time you get needles in the hands, forearms, etc.

Erin, I don't understand when you say that you had your PICC line taken out? Do they put it in for your treatment and take it out after each one?

Maybe they do things differently up here in Canada, but apparently they can leave them in for up to a year. I just get my dressing changed every week and have the line flushed with some saline at the same time.

Lydia
littlekitten is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote