View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First of all let me give you a piece of advice..DO NOT go into any doctor's office and tell them you have TOS. Especially since you apparently diagnosed it yourself, "I was almost accused of that myself!!!!! I have bilateral neurogenic arterial vascular thoracic outlet syndrome. My subclavian artery was pinched due to the narrowness in the brachial plexus area. The vascular surgeon heard a bruit-an unusual sound of blood through an artery-a whooshing sound he heard with his stethoscope. I too searched a whole lot of information on the the internet, and spoke on the phone with Dr. Richard Sanders in Colorado. I sooooooo wanted to at least be examed by the doctors in Colorado but I'm a worker's comp case here in OK and that was way out of the question, so I bought his book and learned all I could, anywhere I could. But I did have PT for a year prior to my rib resection. I don't know if my story is still up in the sticky notes but I've been through a tremendously painful and horrifying experience-You might find some info by reading it. One more thing I just thought of-I complained to my vascular surgeon there was a lump there at the base of the neck which was larger since the surgery. He told me-and maybe it's possible that it was gt this-a fatty pocket near the lymph node. IT WAS FAT!!!!!! He did do a cat scan to make sure there was no cancer there or anything after he told me even my neck was FAT....

I can't type very long cause of the TOS and related RSI surgeries I have had so I hope this helps you get a small picture of what vascular arterial TOs is about.

Last edited by sandy1955; 11-24-2008 at 10:40 PM. Reason: typos
sandy1955 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (11-28-2008), astern (11-25-2008)