Thread: Checkin In!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am so happy about your going to Alanon!! A friend of mine asked me to accompany her to one.....I did and it ended up that I kept going back for quite some time. I lived with a practicing alcoholic and his 4 kids with my 2 kids.....I was very very unhappy but I was used to being a doormat.....I ended up being able to make the decision to make me and my kids the most important things in the world....I knew in my heart he was using me as the do drop in and one day I had had enough and kicked him to the curb.....best thing I ever did for me and the kids....I was about a year sober and had a clear enough head that I knew that I did not want to be part of the relationship anymore....I was a babysitter for him...for the kids but more so him! I was soooo happy afterward that I ran to my room and bounced on my bed with the kids shouting and cheering!!! I found it really helped me to take control of myself...the focus was on ME for a change...not him. Mind you I kept going to AA....the focus there, for me, was what I had did to others and making it about them.... the combo gave me a life...thank God!!!

LOVE DORRIE!!
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (12-06-2008)