Thread: MRI Results
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Sorry to hear the test results didn't get you any closer to a dx.

Did the MRI show ANY lesions, even just ones that 'could' be attributed to your migraines? Did they do a MRI of the brain and spine? Did you get copies of the results?

I went back to look at your symptoms, and am wondering if some of them could be attributable to the Topamax or any of other drug you might be on. Did you keep a diary of your symptoms, when they came on & any that have fluxuated?

When it comes to MS, most (but not all) of us start out as RRMS, and in the early years, are not normally left with residual symptoms, like you seem to have been. We have attacks, we recover (often 100%), then we go on reasonably healthy until the next time. That's why it often takes years to get a dx (dissemination in "time"), even IF we do prove to have lesions.

As others have said sometimes these things just take time, and unfortunately not a lot can be done about that. Even when we do get a dx, the best we can hope for is to find a method or med that will help relieve some of our symptoms ... and the rest we must learn to live with.

Cherie